WHAT WE COLLECT
When you register and/or subscribe to our services and/or purchase the products on the Platform, you will be required to go through a subscription process including completing a registration form which will require you providing the data on the Platform.
We may collect the following data from you:
- Identity and Profile Data – which may include, name, identity card number or passport number, date of birth, gender and occupation;
- Contact Information – which may include email address, correspondence address, telephone number or fax number;
- Account and Transaction Data – which may include your credit card details, bank account details, bank statements, delivery/ billing address, payments and orders to and from you, and other details of products and services that you have supplied to or purchased through the Platform;
- Demographic, Marketing and Communications Data – which may include your interests, survey responses, preferences in receiving marketing materials from us and your communication preferences, your preferences for particular products or services, as well as your feedback, chat, email or call history on the Platform or with third party service providers; and
- Other personal data/information that may be relevant for the Company to consider your request for any products or services offered by the Company.
You agree to only submit personal data which is accurate and not misleading and to keep it up to date and inform us of any changes to the personal data that you have provided to us. We shall have the right to request for documentation and carry out the necessary checks to verify the personal data provided by you as part of our user verification processes or as required under law.
While you can choose not to provide us with certain data, you might not be able to take advantage of many of our services that are provided to you on the Platform.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE DATA WE COLLECTED
The purposes for which data may be used, processed, transferred and disclosed by the Company are as follows:
- To facilitate your use of the services on the Platform or access to the Website;
- To administer the online account that you may have set up with us;
- To conduct analytics, research, business and development;
- To help us better understand user experience with the services provided on the Platform;
- (i) To improve the layout or content of the pages of the Platform and/or the Website and customise them for users; (ii) To identify visitors to the Website and/or on the Platform; (iii) To conduct surveys, including carrying out research on our users’ demographics and behaviour to improve our current technology via machine learning or other means; (iv) To derive further attributes relating to you based on personal data provided by you (whether to us or third parties), in order to provide you with more targeted and/or relevant information; (v) To conduct data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends; (vi) To further develop our products and services;
- Marketing and advertising: (i) To provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us; (ii) To send you marketing or promotional information about our or third-party sellers’ products and services on our Platform from time to time; (iii) To help us conduct marketing and advertising; and (iv) To promote the Services and use the information that you give to us as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform;
- Any other purpose to which your consent has been obtained, in compliance with our obligations under applicable laws, including to notify you at the time of obtaining your consent.
Specifically in cases where you are a buyer and/or you have signed in or registered with us, the data that we collect from you (in addition to the above stated purposes) may be used for other purposes, as follows:
- Processing your order for products (whether sold by us or a third party seller)
- To process orders you submit through the Platform;
- To deliver the products you have purchased through the Platform. We may pass your personal information on to a third party (e.g. our logistics partner) or relevant regulatory authority (e.g. customs) in order to make delivery of the product to you;
- To update you on the delivery of the products;
- To provide customer support for your orders, for example, to return products that you have purchased through the Platform; and
- To verify and carry out payment transactions (including any credit card payments, bank transfers, offline payments, remittances, or e-wallet transactions) in relation to payments related to you, promotions participated in by you and/or Services used by you. In order to verify and carry out such payment transactions, payment information, which may include personal data, will be transferred to third parties such as our payment service providers.
Specifically in cases where you are a seller, the data that we collect from you (in addition to the above stated purposes) may be used for other purposes, as follows:
- To ship or deliver the products you have listed or sold through the Platform. We may pass your personal information on to a third party (e.g. our logistics partners, our affiliates) or relevant regulatory authority (e.g. customs) in order to carry out shipping or delivery of the products listed or sold by you;
- To respond to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes, whether directly or through our third party service agents;
- To verify your documentation submitted to us to facilitate your onboarding with us as a seller on the Platform, including the testing of technologies to enable faster and more efficient on-boarding;
- To display your name, username or profile on the Platform;
- To verify and carry out financial transactions (including any credit card payments, bank transfers, offline payments, remittances, or e-wallet transactions) in relation to payments related to you, promotions participated by you and/or Services used by you. In order to verify and carry out such payment transactions, payment information, which may include personal data, will be transferred to third parties such as our payment service providers; and
- To facilitate the return of products to you (which may be through our logistics partner).
WHO WE DISCLOSE YOUR DATA TO
We may share (or permit the sharing of) your personal data with and/or transfer your personal data to third parties and/or our affiliates for the above-mentioned purposes. These third parties and affiliates, which may be located inside or outside your jurisdiction, include but are not limited to:
- any entity within the Company’s group (“Company Group” means the Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, associated entities, together or individually) (including their officer, employee, agent or director);
- any agent, contractor, sub-contractors, service providers, advisers, of the Company Group (including their employees, directors, officers, interns, agents, contractors, service providers and professional advisers);
- buyers or sellers you have transacted with or interacted with on the Platform or in connection with your use of our services or for the above-stated Purposes;
- our business alliance or partners who may provide their product or services to us and/or to you and any third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, storage, payment or other services to the Company to facilitate our provision of the services on the Website/Platform (including their employees, directors and officers);
- third party reward, loyalty, co-branding and privileges programme providers;
- co-branding partners of the Company or any member of the Company Group (the name of such co-branding partners will be provided during the application of the relevant services and products, as the case may be);
- service providers (such as agents, vendors, contractors and partners) in areas such as payment services, logistics and shipping, marketing, data analytics, market or consumer research, survey, social media, customer service, installation services, information technology and website hosting; and
- courts, tribunals, enforcement agencies, governmental or regulatory authorities having jurisdiction over the Company.
- third parties to whom disclosure by us is for one or more of the Purposes and such third parties would in turn be collecting and processing your personal data for one or more of the Purposes.
In disclosing your personal data to them, we endeavour to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal data secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, processing or similar risks and retain your personal data only for as long as your personal data is needed to achieve the above-mentioned purposes.
RIGHT OF ACCESS TO DATA
You can request for access to data, correction of data and types of data held by the Company. It is important that the personal data you provide to us is accurate and complete for you to continue using the Platform and for us to provide the services to you. You are responsible for informing us of changes to your personal data, or in the event you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date. You can update your personal data anytime by accessing your account on the Platform.
RIGHT TO REVOKE CONSENT TO DISCLOSE DATA
If you do not want the Company to further disclose your data to any of its affiliates or third parties for the purposes of cross-selling and/or if you do not w ant to be contacted by us or the said third parties for the sale or promotion of any products or services, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your data/information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your data/information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures. You are also advised to exercise caution with respect to the sharing of your personal data and your authentication / security details (such as passwords, credit card details, transaction details) outside of our Platform / services.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as we are either required or permitted to by law or as relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
QUESTIONS, CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS? CONTACT US